1. George Prochnik – “In Pursuit of Silence” (Here is also a link to Prochnik’s site http://www.georgeprochnik.com )
2. Garret Keizer – “The Unwanted Sound of Everything We Want”. This is a book about noise. Keizer travels to motorcycle rallies, into the woods, around noisy neighbourhoods.
3. Sarah Maitland – ” A Book of Silence”. A memoir of Maitland’s search for silence.
4. Bernie Krause – “The Great Animal Orchestra”. A wonderful journey into Krause’s work as a sound recorder and a naturalist and a man in search of silence.
5. Toop, David. “Sinister Resonance” – interesting look at sound and its presence in the world around us. On the dust jacket: “The close listener is like a medium who draws out substance from that which is not entirely there.” Toop looks at sound in literature and visual art.